A sculptor at his work in a monastery. Compare the design which illustrates the Eight of Pentacles. The apprentice or amateur therein has received his reward and is now at work in earnest. Divinatory Meanings: Métier, trade, skilled labour; usually, however, regarded as a card of nobility, aristocracy, renown. —The Pictorial Key to the Tarot, Arthur Edward Waite
04-Jan-2011 Partial Solar Eclipse: Sabians (and other degree interpretations usually) round up, so Sun/Moon Capricorn 13°38'46" is Capricorn 14° A vast pile of Mayan ruins in tropical America discloses a perfectly preserved bas-relief carved in the granite. this post explores the Capricorn 13/14 Degree. Three of Pentacles from DuQuette's Angels & Demons chart.
Shemhamephoresh : נֻמֵמֵיָה NuMeMeYA Nemmamiah
- For general prosperity and the deliverance of prisoners. Governs great captains. Drawn to the military; distinguished for activity and the courageous bearing of fatigue.
57. Deus Amabilis (The lovely God)
Influence time and dates 18:41 - 19:00 30th December until the 3th January inclusively
This angel rules over great captains, admirals, generals and all those who fight in a just cause. The person born under this influence loves the military state; and he will distinguish himself through his actions, bravery, and greatness of spirit, and he will endure hardship with great courage.
Psalms 115:11 Ye that fear the Lord, trust in the Lord; he is their help and their shield.
Interpretations by Degree
• Carelli Degrees : 13-14 deg Capricorn ~ Symbol: A Gardner tidies and trims a splendid park which has lain abandoned for years; uprooting the weeds, pruning the withered or blighted twigs, felling decayed trees and the like. Meaning: Here we are confronted with a first-rate critic and polemicist, a revolutionary innovator. He is not of necessity to be a politician or a journalist; whatever field of action he chooses, the native will fight a successful battle and end by disposing of the mentality his circle had inherited from the previous generation as a useless burden. In this light he will be helped by an inborn irony which will at times take up a tinge of humor, at times acquire the edge of cruel sarcasm against the opponents of the idea he stands for. A past master in the art of unmasking other people’s hypocrisy, he will ruthlessly lay bare the most hidden recesses of human mentality, but will spare the populace’s superstition rather than the smart set’s prejudices. His crude realism does not in the least exclude sincere devotion to an ideal. He may even be an artist; landscape painting exerts a special fascination over him. Such a fighter will seldom become universally liked, but he will be admired and he certainly will be feared. The most congenial professions are medicine (neurology or psychiatry) and ethnology.
• Degrees by Charubel : 13-14 deg Capricorn ~ A vista extending to a great distance; on either hand are majestic trees covered with a profusion of foliage. Meaning: A person fond of landscape paintings; and one possessed of artistic gifts; open to enchanting visions. This is in a special way an idealistic degree.
• Cochrane Degrees : 13-14 deg Capricorn ~ Inquisitive, sharp, piercing, precise, intelligent. Self-reliant, courageous, and instinctive. One-sided, fearless pursuit of objectives. At times too blunt and caustic. (VIR-9-GEM, SCO-11-LEO)
• Hensen Degrees : 13-14 deg Capricorn ~ Business: ingenious and aggressive; visionary but skillful; sometimes a critical “busybody”; happiness, good fortune; on Ascendant: a shrewd schemer; right knee cartilage.
• Kozminsky Degrees : 13-14 deg Capricorn ~ Symbol: A woman in a drapery establishment, the table crowded with articles of dress, none of which please her. Meaning: Denotes one not easily satisfied and who is not always conscious of the feelings of others. He is not deficient in taste, but he allows his mind to be so affected by varied desires and feelings that it is difficult for him to preserve firmness. He should ever strive to encourage the positive and to cultivate fixity of mind. It is a symbol of Dissatisfaction.
• La Volasfera : 13-14 deg Capricorn ~ A harrow standing on an open field. Meaning: This indicates one who will manifest an extremely critical, sarcastic and aggressive nature. It will be his business in life to dig into the common soil of the human mind, to lay bare and expose its true nature, and to create dissensions, divisions and strife’s, stirring up and leavening the pabulum of popular beliefs, and bringing to light their fallacies, impedimenta, and imperfections. The mind will be pugnacious in the extreme, and although it may attract admirers it will have few sympathizers or adherents. In removing the weed growth on the ages and in the ruthless examination of things as they are in the broad field of human life and thought, will consist the main work of this peculiarly angular and incisive nature. It as a degree of CRITICISM.
• Leinbach Degrees : 13-14 deg Capricorn ~ The artistic ability to paint realistic picture in detail as well as the ability to see precisely and write clearly are to be expected here. This native is likely to use these abilities to expose the superstitions misguided beliefs of the masses. He may be an extremely clever psychologist and should he develop his writing skills could be very popular. People are able to see and enjoy the fallacies of others exposed when it is not personal to them. Usually a writer can do this. However, this native is more respected and looked up to than loved. He is likely to have good mathematical ability. He may be quite successful in exposing and thereby ridding society of many biases and prejudices. He has little patience but he is precise and accurate with a gift for going straight to the point. He usually gains sufficient support so that he need have no fear of being isolated, although he is not loved. He seems to stir up hostilities between groups but for the most part manages to avoid direct blows against himself. What he says makes too much sense to be openly attacked. When he is, he is more than adequate to defend himself admirably.
• Matthew's Degrees : 13-14 deg Capricorn ~ “INGENIOUS AND ACGRESSIVE” ~ Visionary but skillful, sometimes a critical ‘busybody.’
• Muir Degrees : 13-14 deg Capricorn ~ A clever surgeon or doctor but inclined to be too negative and to take life too easy.
• Weber Degrees : 13-14 deg Capricorn ~ Near the most “exalted” degree of Capricorn is earthy, self-possessed Taurus. But this degree is still highly fiery with Aries and Sagittarius, and doesn’t sit still long enough to reap the benefits of its exceptional life-skills and inner strength - wasteful. Thirst for power and tendency to go to extremes - risky business for cautious Capricorn, so success can’t be assured, although strength and determination and evident. Perhaps a little too outright with selfish desires. Discretion and charity would help. [[i'd also include, for Zuckerberg's chart, 14-15 deg Capricorn : A stubborn, magnetic, power-conscious Taurus-Scorpio polarity is felt here a top an irritating Sagittarius twelfth house influence. Lover of animals and the land. Can be sweet and childish - usually well liked but a dangerous opponent none-the-less. Quibbles over trifles. Is unnecessarily combative - no need for that, as this degree is blessed often selfish and should not be blown out of proportion. Good for trade and arbitrage, and physical, sensual love.