Top 10 MacGuffins
There are two schools of thought when it comes to MacGuffins. The first says that what the MacGuffin is doesn’t matter. As long as it stirs up the plot and sets things in motion, good enough. The second school argues that for a MacGuffin to be truly effective, it needs to be something of critical importance, not just to the characters, but to the audience as well. The Death Star plans in Star Wars are prime examples of the second philosophy. They are the impetus for the plot and set Luke and company on their adventure of galactic battle, self-discovery, and feathered hair, but they are more than just some generic plans. Without the hologram stored in R2D2’s memory banks, the rebellion wouldn’t be able to bring down the evil planet destroying spaceball. Still, does it really matter how they blow up the thing? For all their usefulness, the plans are still just a thing to get the story going. And that makes them a MacGuffin.
- Thu, 18:17: RT @POTUS: One year ago today, everything stopped because of COVID-19. Tune in as I deliver remarks on the progress we’ve made and the path…
- Thu, 18:18: RT @NBCNews: BREAKING: President Biden signs $1.9T Covid relief bill into law; includes $1,400 checks, $300/wk jobless benefits, child all…
- Thu, 18:18: RT @votevets: .@POTUS' American Rescue Plan is a BFD for veterans and all Americans. Retweet if you think @JoeBiden and Democrats deserve o…
- Wed, 08:03: 🤣 https://t.co/5Ye2euOdlU
- Wed, 08:06: RT @TheOvalPawffice: 🐾Woof! I am a very lucky pupper, I am living a great life and have been loved by my family ever since I was so tiny I…
- Wed, 08:08: RT @mileytherescue: 122 days is way too long for any dog to be in a shelter. Someone please adopt this dog. Please share!! ❤️🐾 https://t.co…